A major revision to ASTM F2160 has been completed and the new specification will appear in the "2017 ASTM Book of Specifications Volume 8.04-Plastic Piping Systems." The specification was originally published in 2001, and the last review was in 2010.
The revisions include:
- Consolidation of eleven dimensional tables into four, allowing easier comparisons
- Addition of SIDR, inside diameter controlled HDPE conduit
- Minimum raw material cell classification requirements, including ESCR (Environmental Stress Crack Resistance)
- New stiffness deflection testing requirements
- Expanded scope with new applications
"ASTM F2160 is the keystone specification for the conduit industry," said George Zagorski, VP & Technical Director for Blue Diamond Industries. "It was a multi-year collaboration of the Power and Communications Division of PPI (Plastic Pipe Institute). Blue Diamond was proud to be a part of the effort of this group of leading conduit and resin/additive manufacturers, consulting/testing engineers and machinery companies."
The specification can be purchased through ASTM here
Blue Diamond is a privately held company and a leading manufacturer of HDPE conduit and Cable in Conduit for the protection of fiber and power cable. Its products are used in the nation's infrastructure and telecommunications networks. Blue Diamond is a WOSB (Women Owned Small Business Enterprise) as well as a HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone) certified business. For more information, please call 859-224-0415 or email email@example.com